The original and the best.
NOTE: This camp light bar requires a cigarette lead or 240v transformer for power, and a tri-colour dimmer switch to control it. These and other accessories can be found in our camping light accessories category.
- Thicker bar profile for added strength and improved appearance
- Multiple light bar mounting options:
- Inbuilt magnets for attachment to most metal surfaces
- Removable pole clips (sold separately) for easy attachment to non-magnetic tent poles
- Removable diffusers for a wider angle, softer light beam
- Removable end caps make flush mount applications look even better by hiding the join between the cable and the bar end
- Reinforced grommets to prevent wire breakage at light bar ends
- IP68 waterproof rating means the lights are completely watertight (in fact they will run underwater)
- Waterproof locking DC connectors on all cables
- Heavy-duty, double insulated cables to prevent voltage drop, which results in brighter bars
- Minimal heat output, unlike gas lamps
- Low power consumption – can be left on all night without affecting your battery
From orange to white at the touch of a button.
Drag the slider to see what happens when you switch our camping lights from their bright white setting over to bug-reducing orange:
Often imitated, never duplicated.
The LED camp lights that Hardkorr invented are now seen across thousands of Australian campsites. In the years since we introduced them to the market, we’ve developed and released many innovations and improvements designed to make your camping experience comfortable and hassle-free, including orange/white technology, reinforced grommet ends, inbuilt magnets, removable pole clips and more.
We’ve now taken the next leap forward in design and technology, making lighting your campsite even easier by addressing some of the key gripes campers had with previous LED lighting technology. Our exclusive diffusers, now included with all light bars, create a much wider, more pleasant light beam – no more LEDs shining in your eyes if you’re on the wrong angle! The light bar pole clips make attaching your bars to non-magnetic tent poles much easier.
Additionally, flush mounting is now easier and looks better thanks to our wire-covering end caps and flush mount clips (flush mount clips sold separately).
And if all that wasn’t enough… our new dimmers give these kits the ability to now produce three shades of light: cool white, warm white and orange! The new warm white setting gives off a light that is nearly as bright as cool white, but with a pleasant soothing warmth to the colour.
How does orange light reduce bug presence?
Some bugs, like mosquitos and moths, can’t help but move their body towards any light source they can see. This phenomenon is called positive phototaxis. Entomologists still don’t have a complete understanding of why this phenomenon exists, but it is clearly observable in nature.
Of course, bugs will only be attracted to light they can see, and there is a useful difference between the spectra of light which are visible to humans compared to bugs. Humans can generally see light which has a wavelength between 380nm (blue) and 740nm (red). Most bugs, conversely, can see light with a wavelength between 300nm and 600nm.
The wavelength of our orange LEDs is 610nm, putting them outside of the spectrum visible to must bugs, but still well inside the boundaries of human vision. As a result, most bugs will not congregate around our orange light because they simply don’t know it is there.
The Hardkorr guarantee
All Hardkorr products are manufactured using the highest quality materials. We are confident that they are the most durable in the market and will give you many years of reliable service. We stand behind this product with a comprehensive 5-year Australian warranty and a 30-day money back guarantee.
|Materials||6063 aluminium alloy housing
UV-resistant epoxy resin filling
|LED type||Genuine OSRAM® SMD5050|
|Max. output||295 lumens (white setting)|
|Beam Angle||180 degrees|
|Current Draw||0.3A @ 12V|
|LED Lifespan||50,000+ hours|
|Certifications||CE, RoHS, C-Tick|
|1x||25cm LED camp light bar with orange & white LEDs|
|2x||Removable end caps|